August 16, 2008

POOR CADE



This is poor Cade as of a week ago. He injured his knee for the 4th time on July 6th and this time it wasn't going to heal on its own. So when we finally learned his fate, I had 2 days to pack up our family (temporarily living in Illinois) and get home just in time to get his knee cut. Surgery was on July 23rd.....just one ligament shy of full knee replacement. Yuk!
All you wives out there that can understand this....do the math how long he has been a slug on my couch.....wow huh?! And just for sympathetic reasons let me add on top of that: moving back into a house, dealing with a child begining to crawl in a split-level home, one child throwing up for 3 days, the other having breathing treatments due to severe asthma, 2 toilets needing replacing, 2 massive globe willows needing to be chopped down and your lawn service guy quiting on you.... all in a 2-week period....I hope I haven't forgotten anything but as you can imagine, I just about (as my mom would say) "FELL OFF"!! So finally came the day we both were looking forward to was physical therapy which began this last Monday so we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!
And if I don't add this I may get in trouble by Cade: Don't think for a minute he enjoyed sitting on a couch, day after day, watching nothing but crap on t.v. (except for seasons 1, 2 & 3 of Prison Break which he loved!) HE HATED IT!

1 comment:

Archer Fam said...

Tell Cade to quick faking his so called "knee injury" and go back to work.
Thanks for leaving a message. It's so good to see pics of your family. Holy cow your kids are cute. Take care, and let Cami or I know if we can do anything for you.
-Cami, Gracie, and T.J.